Careers with the Florida Agency for State Technology
The Florida Agency for State Technology (AST) seeks to hire talented and dedicated individuals who share our commitment to excellence.
We offer a wide variety of employment opportunities from IT technical support, project management and planning, customer service, accounting, and procurement to promote, implement and support Florida’s Information Technology enterprise initiatives.
The AST oversees the state’s essential technology projects and houses the State’s Chief Information Officer (CIO). We manage over $73 million per year in IT spending while maximizing resources, saving taxpayer dollars and delivering a more efficient and effective constituent services to the Sunshine State.
The Agency for State Technology is also the home to the State Data Center which maintains a 24 hour, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, data center operation providing utility computing services to state agencies and other governmental entities.
Rewarding Careers in IT
With technology breakthroughs happening at a fast pace, and society becoming more reliant on technology to provide services, there are many opportunities within the State for IT professionals who are solutions focused. We seek motivated individuals who are not content with the status quo to join our team. Our mission is critical to the State and its citizens, our people are dedicated and hardworking and our workplace is energized.
Compensation and Benefits
Due to the nature of our operations, some employees are eligible for additional pay additives to their base salary including Shift Differential pay and On-Call pay.
Additionally, Agency for State Technology employees receive the State’s generous benefit package which includes:
Medical, dental, life, disabililty, and supplemental medical insurance plans
Retirement options through the Florida Retirement System (FRS)
Multiple work shifts
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Tuition Waiver for college courses
To learn more about the State’s benefits, go to: http://www.myflorida.com/mybenefits/New_Careers/Job Seekers.htm
The Agency for State Technology provides new employee and supervisor training as well as job-specific training and career development resources to employees who require specific IT training to stay ahead of the rapidly changing technologies.
How to Apply
We welcome your interest in employment opportunities with the Agency for State Technology and accept applications for currently advertised positions only. A separate application must be submitted for each vacancy and submitted to the People First website – https://peoplefirst.myflorida.com where all open positions are advertised. Our current job openings are listed below and the link will direct you to the job advertisement posted on the People First website.
Current Job Openings
- Project Manager – SES #72985013 – Executive Direction/Support Services – Project Assurance section: https://jobs.myflorida.com/job/TALLAHASSEE-AST-PROJECT-MANAGER-72985013-FL-32399/483402100/
- Database Analyst #72983836 – Bureau of Windows Services/SQL Server Section: https://jobs.myflorida.com/job/TALLAHASSEE-AST-DATA-BASE-ANALYST-72983836-FL-32399/484081700/
- Distributed Computer Systems Analyst #72983767 – Office of the Chief Operations Officer/Interdepartmental Services section: https://jobs.myflorida.com/job/TALLAHASSEE-AST-DISTRIBUTED-COMPUTER-SYSTEMS-ANALYST-72983767-FL-32399/484230500/
- Distributed Computer Systems Analyst - #72981040 – Bureau of Central Services/Open Systems: https://jobs.myflorida.com/job/TALLAHASSEE-AST-DISTRIBUTED-COMPUTER-SYSTEMS-ANALYST-72981040-FL-32399/470912800/
- Data Processing Administrator – SES #72983813 – Bureau of Infrastructure & Operations Support/Scheduling: https://jobs.myflorida.com/job/TALLAHASSEE-AST-DATA-PROCESSING-ADMINISTRATOR-72983813-FL-32399/485782900/
Contact AST Human Resources Office
For additional information on AST employment opportunities, or specific advertised job openings, please call AST Human Resources at (850) 412-6071 or write:
Human Resource Officer
Florida Agency for State Technology
4050 Esplanade Way, Suite 115
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0950
Fax: (850) 487-1183
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer
and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act
must notify the agency hiring authority and/or the People First Service Center (1-877-562-7287).
Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing
in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act. The AST values the service veterans and their family members have given to our country and we support the hiring of returning members and military spouses.